Christine is a self-taught commercial golf photographer currently enrolled in the Master of Arts program at Academy of Art University in San Francisco. She has a background in business and studied economics at DePauw University.
In 2017, Christine was one of 100 photographers selected for the CENTER Santa Fe Reviews. This was the same year she was named Artist of the Year at Nickel Plate Arts. In 2014 She was name one of the Top Ten Photographers in the State of Indiana by the Indianapolis Professional Photographers Guild.
- Augusta Regional Airport, home of the Masters Golf Tournament, individual show including 8 pieces from the Ballerinas on the Green body of work that were on display for 6 months.
- Nickel Plate Arts - Artist Showcase
- Nickel Plate Arts, Noblesville Indiana
- Purgatory Golf Club Ballerinas on the Green. The show featured large format images primarily 60” x 40” of self-reflective art.
Group Exhibitions and Awards
- Our Town group show Nickel Plate Arts. One of Christine's pieces was the image selected for promotion to represent the show. She also had 3 additional images that formed a cornerstone for the show.
- Indiana Landmarks - A Day in the Life// Glass + Sticks group show
- Conner Prairie, Christine was recruited by the Museum to participate in Portal to the Public: Diversifying the Framework, Expanding the Network. It is part of an Institute of Museum and Library Services grant that expands the existing Connor Prairie Museum program Portal to the Public Guiding Framework to non-science based informal education; training science, art and humanities professionals and museum staff in communication best practices and developing innovative cross-disciplinary public programs that combine topics from science, art, and the humanities.
- Roberts Camera First Friday show
- Indianapolis Museum of Contemporary Art (IMOCA) and the Indiana Landmarks.
- Three images merited at Professional Photographers of America (PPA) North Central District Competition and International Photographic Competition (IPC) all three images went into the General Collection.
- Four images received ribbons from the Indianapolis Professional Photographers Guild, one in each of the following: Professional Open Color, Commercial Color, Black and White Commercial and Bicentennial Celebration.
- Third place in Professional Color Open, Indianapolis Professional Photographer’s Guild.
- Professional Photographers of America (PPA) International Photographic Competition (IPC), two of which went into the General Collection, one image went into the Loan Collection. This was the first year Merchent entered IPC.
- PPA’s District Competition, two images merited. This was the first year Merchent entered the district competition.
- Accepted into School of Visual Arts Graduate Photography program but was unable to attend due to residency requirements.
- Honorable Mention Professional Color Open, Honorable Mention Professional Black and White Open.
- Cover and all interior art for the book The Smart Woman’s Guide to Style & Clothing: A Step-by-Step Process for Creating the Perfect Wardrobe.
- Two images in the book 2017 Photographer’s Market: How and Where to Sell Your Photography published September 2016.
- Cover art for the book From Photographer to Gallery Artist: The Complete Guide to Finding Gallery Representation.
- Cover image Isleworth Golf and Country Club magazine.
- Two-page photo spread PGA Golf Magazine October and November.